PASTORAL VACANCY ANNOUNCMENTThe Historic First African Baptist Church founded in 1866 is prayerfully seeking a full-time senior pastor. The qualifications for this position are outlined in the following scriptures I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Must be a licensed and ordained Baptist minister
- Must possess a Masters of Divinity or above from an accredited seminary
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of pastoral experience from a missionary Baptist church.
- Must possess strong leadership and administrative skills
- Must be able to articulate a vision for the church that emphasizes Spiritual Growth, Strong Mission and Outreach, and Christian Education and Development
- Oversee the spiritual development of the church body through life-changing preaching and teaching that is biblically sound and relevant
- Develop and facilitate implementation of a plan for church growth both spiritually and numerically
- Oversee and participate in the care and nurturing of the church membership through visitation, crisis intervention, and pastoral care
- Encourage the congregation to a higher level of commitment to God
- Supervise and provide direction to ministry leaders, ministry staff as well as individual church ministries
- Encourage tithing and sacrificial giving as God’s method of financially supporting His church as taught in Malachi 3:8-10
- Shepherds and models the heart of Jesus Christ and assures that the church is well led, cared for and protected in accordance with God’s Word.
- Establish office hours and maintain scheduling flexibility as needed.
First African Baptist Church
Attn: Pastor Search Committee or www.firstafricanchurch.org
P.O. Box 1578 Tuscaloosa, AL 35405